Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 41

Thread: Angel Sanctuary and me (and spoilers spoilers spoilers vol 18)

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Shia's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 3rd, 2003
    Posts
    78
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Unhappy

    ok, now noone's probably gonna read this thread since a lot of ppl here seem to haven't read AS yet and this is going to be a thread simply for me me and me, but I'm still gonna write it cause I've just finished reading the volume 18 AS scanlations and I'm kinda emotional unstably atm.
    (last chance to leave if you don't want to hear my whine about what happened there.. I warned you! .. who am I even talking to...)

    argh, my god, why did katou have to die again???? [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img]
    He isn't even my favourite char but still that was so... tragic! *criesmore*
    (and cruel and mean and I hate that volume)
    (though... I guess seeing katou die is something one should have to get used to after reading 18 volumes?)

    (I apologize cause I know that this AS thread doesn't exactly fit in here, but since this is the only forum I use to post in.. you have to bear with it ^^ oh well.. or delete it [img]redface.gif[/img] )

    still, figuring out balberos identity wasn't really hard (uhm, maybe it would have been if I hadn't thought about how to write that name in kana and beeing stuck by the realisation of how it's spelled ^^ wouldn't have guessed that the earlier translation as Baru had something to do with Balbero otherwise..)

    (I know, noone wants to know or read this, but hey, I want to WRITE it since I have noone to talk about this stupid volume atm and don't feel like waiting 10 month until it's released in german and I can have a conversation about it with my real life friends ^^)

    erm, anyway, this volume has left me kinda shocked and if AS vol 20 also ends something like that I'm gonna jump of some bridge I think ^^

    ok, enough said, sorry for posting ^^

    (*dieswantingthelast2volumes*)

    Shia

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Anime Goddess's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 22nd, 2003
    Posts
    237
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Well I guess I am one of those few people who have read AS ^^ And I just finished reading volume 18, actually I just finished reading it a couple of mins ago ^^;;
    And I agree with you why did katou have to die again??? And ya he isn't my favoritie character either but still......
    ummm....don't laugh but figuring out balberos identity was kinda hard ^^;;; But then again that is me :P
    WOW ten months to wait till it's released in german. That is a long wait.....
    Ya I would have to agree with you that if vol 20 does end like something like this vol I will go completly crazy

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Shia's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 3rd, 2003
    Posts
    78
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    we are somewhere around 13 volumes released over here atm and a new one every second month.
    and that is just cruuuuuel if you want my opinion ^^
    (more than a year to come till we finally reach vol 20 x_X)

    uhm, about balbero.. I was thinking: oh no, not _another_ new character x_X but then went like.. hey, wait... luzifer, baru.. (nice thing they change the spelling every second volume or so ^^)
    and since it would be written something like barubero in japanese...
    (I've started to totally ignore the looks of a character when trying to identify new chars, since they all look beatiful but damn similar to me.. baru could win a lookalike contest with anael in my opinion ^^, but maybe it's just me beeing ignorant and blind and stuff ^^)

    *sigh* I'm still afraid that someone's going to license AS with the scanlations beeing somewhere around volume 19 ^^ (and I won't feel save until I haven't read every single page of vol 20 *paranoia*)


    [img]graemlins/wilted.gif[/img]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Anime Goddess's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 22nd, 2003
    Posts
    237
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Oh I know what you mean....I would hate AS to be licensed when I haven't finished reading it yet >.<

    Wow 13 vols eh. Well that isn't bad cause see our small town gets nothing good -_- And I know for a fact that our city will never get them >< Which kinda sucks. But that is why I am depending on the Scanlations ^^ I just hope they don't license it until all 20 are done ^^

  5. #5
    HB Forum Owner crisisdreams's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 21st, 2002
    Posts
    382
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Wheee! *has read all of AS ^x^*

    Hehe...since Katou was my #1 favorite character, followed closely by Kira, I was completely torn. I kind of expected him to die when the storyline veered in that direction though because...well...that's Kaori Yuki, right?

    And you would have thought that after Katou's numerous deaths, we would have been numbed to all of it by now. ~.^ ("Oh...he died again...") But nope! She wrote it in such a way that it was incredibly impactful and touching. (Especially when he's standing there holding the door open for Setsuna *sniff*. Speaking of which...Setsuna (indirectly) kills yet another good character. Siggggghhhh)

    And since this is Kaori Yuki...well, you should be on the lookout for more distressing things happening in books 19 and 20. ;_____;

    *zips mouth shut*

    - Crisis

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Shan-chan's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 8th, 2003
    Posts
    7
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I've read all except the last two volumes too, I'm reeeeeeeeeally glad Omanga has quick updates. ^____^ I was mad when Rociel killed Kira, but he brought Lucifer back to life so I felt better about it after that. ^_^ Poor Katou [img]frown.gif[/img] at least he lasted that long though, right? I wonder who will be left at the end of the manga....

  7. #7
    Inactive Member rev.tsukiyama's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 27th, 2002
    Posts
    273
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Oh man, I get too involved with these things. I'm going all teary thinking about book 18. Rociel!!! I love him so /much/. And he's so fucked up at the moment. Give him a hug, Katan, he needs you really...Having said that, nice to see him putting the moves on Lucifer ;D As far as I'm concerned, the rest of the cast can get lost as long as Rociel's ok.

    I was never a major Yue supporter though I quite liked him. Still, what a way to go. I was suprised at how sad I found it.

  8. #8
    Inactive Member Kirie's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 3rd, 2003
    Posts
    7
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    hee, I just started reading AS, and I'm up to book 4! man there's so much volumes ;_;

    *needs to read faster* XD;;

  9. #9
    Inactive Member X_Manga's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 22nd, 2003
    Posts
    38
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    i'm happy with the last three volumes , because Katan is getting more importance meanwhile katan and rociel continuing together and the most important alive ^_^U ,i know they won't have a happy and but i want to believe it ?_?U , i guess we all waiting for omanga *_*

    anyway i like more boys next to door i don't know is more short and touching ^_^(thanks sakura crisis)

  10. #10
    HB Forum Owner crisisdreams's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 21st, 2002
    Posts
    382
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Agreed, X_Manga! I really like Kaori Yuki's short pieces. ^^ Well, her later ones at least. Kaine and Boys Next Door are both simply stunning and they really leave you thinking. (Haha...I've got letters from people who say BND changed their lives. One homophobe wrote me and said that it had opened his mind. ~.^)

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •